Man United lose Carrick for up to six weeks
London: Manchester United received a blow on Wednesday with the news that key midfielder Michael Carrick will be unavailable for up to six weeks due to an Achilles injury.
The 32-year-old withdrew from the England squad on Tuesday for the friendly games against Chile and Germany and faces a battle to return to fitness in time for the busy Christmas fixture schedule.
"Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will be out for four to six weeks with an Achilles injury, the club has confirmed," read a statement on the United website.
"The 32-year-old playmaker, who played the full 90 minutes in United`s 1-0 win over Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday, has appeared in 15 of the Reds` 18 matches so far this season but will be out of action until December."
Carrick stands to miss Premier League games against Cardiff City, his former club Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Newcastle United, as well as United`s final two Champions League group games against Bayer Leverkusen and Shakhtar Donetsk.
A six-week absence would also leave him unavailable for the league game at Aston Villa on December 15, as well as the League Cup quarter-final against Stoke City three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you