Man United preparing 45 mln-pound bid to swoop Fabregas from Barca
London: Manchester United are reportedly preparing a new 45 million-pound bid to bag Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas in the summer transfer window.
United were unable to lure the former Arsenal star to Old Trafford nine months ago but are reportedly aware that Fabregas` future at the La Liga side is currently in doubt.
According to the Daily Star, United know that it would take a fee of 45 million-pounds and 200k-pounds a week to bring the Spain International to their club.
However, the final say to bring Fabregas to the Old Trafford dugout will reportedly rest with United`s new manager, with Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal as the bookies favourite to take the job.
Van Gaal, who is becoming frustrated that he still has not been installed as David Moyes` successor at United, targets include Germany`s Toni Kroos and Marco Reus, Holland`s Kevin Strootman, Borrusia Dortmund`s Mats Hummels and possibly Fabregas now, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube