Man Utd branded most unfriendly club for female football
London: Prominent female football commentator, Jacqui Oatley has slammed the world`s richest football club Manchester United for standing out like a sore thumb to the women`s game in England, along with praising their rivals Manchester City for their effort.
According to The Independent, the BBC Match of the Day broadcaster complained that Man U were conspicuous by their absence from women`s football since 2005, despite the major commitment to the fame game made by some of the Old Trafford club`s biggest Premier League rivals.
The report said that Manchester United had decided to scrap their women`s team right on the eve of England hosting the women`s Euros in 2005.
The comments marked the FA`s celebration of 20 years of running women`s football, for which they launched the `Kick off Your Career` campaign to encourage young women to take up the sport, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis