Man Utd branded most unfriendly club for female football
London: Prominent female football commentator, Jacqui Oatley has slammed the world`s richest football club Manchester United for standing out like a sore thumb to the women`s game in England, along with praising their rivals Manchester City for their effort.
According to The Independent, the BBC Match of the Day broadcaster complained that Man U were conspicuous by their absence from women`s football since 2005, despite the major commitment to the fame game made by some of the Old Trafford club`s biggest Premier League rivals.
The report said that Manchester United had decided to scrap their women`s team right on the eve of England hosting the women`s Euros in 2005.
The comments marked the FA`s celebration of 20 years of running women`s football, for which they launched the `Kick off Your Career` campaign to encourage young women to take up the sport, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price