Man Utd branded most unfriendly club for female football
London: Prominent female football commentator, Jacqui Oatley has slammed the world`s richest football club Manchester United for standing out like a sore thumb to the women`s game in England, along with praising their rivals Manchester City for their effort.
According to The Independent, the BBC Match of the Day broadcaster complained that Man U were conspicuous by their absence from women`s football since 2005, despite the major commitment to the fame game made by some of the Old Trafford club`s biggest Premier League rivals.
The report said that Manchester United had decided to scrap their women`s team right on the eve of England hosting the women`s Euros in 2005.
The comments marked the FA`s celebration of 20 years of running women`s football, for which they launched the `Kick off Your Career` campaign to encourage young women to take up the sport, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram