Man Utd branded most unfriendly club for female football
London: Prominent female football commentator, Jacqui Oatley has slammed the world`s richest football club Manchester United for standing out like a sore thumb to the women`s game in England, along with praising their rivals Manchester City for their effort.
According to The Independent, the BBC Match of the Day broadcaster complained that Man U were conspicuous by their absence from women`s football since 2005, despite the major commitment to the fame game made by some of the Old Trafford club`s biggest Premier League rivals.
The report said that Manchester United had decided to scrap their women`s team right on the eve of England hosting the women`s Euros in 2005.
The comments marked the FA`s celebration of 20 years of running women`s football, for which they launched the `Kick off Your Career` campaign to encourage young women to take up the sport, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?