Man Utd not downhearted by their shock defeat at Wigan: Ryan Giggs
London: Ace midfielder Ryan Giggs is confident that Manchester United will bounce back as his teammates are not downhearted after their shock defeat at Wigan.
After eight Premier League wins in a row, United were stunned by relegation-threatened Wigan, who claimed a 1-0 win at the DW Stadium on Wednesday.
The defeat left United`s lead at the top of the table reduced to five points, the Daily Star reports.
Aiming for his 13-championship crown, Giggs said, "We don`t have to get too down. It has happened quite a bit this season, where there has been the odd display where we just haven`t performed. The main thing is that we have recovered from it. That is what we have to do again.
"Now it is important for us to get back to winning ways and get six points from our next two games."
The first of those games is against Aston Villa on Sunday with Everton the visitors to Old Trafford a week later.
Giggs said, "We will be looking to win both games and put the pressure on. We have had poor performances throughout the season and results but we have always bounced back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market