Man Utd not downhearted by their shock defeat at Wigan: Ryan Giggs
London: Ace midfielder Ryan Giggs is confident that Manchester United will bounce back as his teammates are not downhearted after their shock defeat at Wigan.
After eight Premier League wins in a row, United were stunned by relegation-threatened Wigan, who claimed a 1-0 win at the DW Stadium on Wednesday.
The defeat left United`s lead at the top of the table reduced to five points, the Daily Star reports.
Aiming for his 13-championship crown, Giggs said, "We don`t have to get too down. It has happened quite a bit this season, where there has been the odd display where we just haven`t performed. The main thing is that we have recovered from it. That is what we have to do again.
"Now it is important for us to get back to winning ways and get six points from our next two games."
The first of those games is against Aston Villa on Sunday with Everton the visitors to Old Trafford a week later.
Giggs said, "We will be looking to win both games and put the pressure on. We have had poor performances throughout the season and results but we have always bounced back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi