Man Utd`s Ferguson won`t rule out spending spree
London: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has revealed he is ready to embark on a major spending spree if the right players become available to improve the Premier League champions.
With the English title already secured, Ferguson can turn his attention to planning for next season and he estimates he only needs a couple of players to freshen up his squad for their title defence and a renewed assault on the Champions League.
Ferguson has been linked with potential bids for Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski and Atletico Madrid forward Radamel Falcao.
That would mean taking on the likes of big-spending Manchester City, Chelsea and Bayern Munich and Ferguson has no intention of backing down following the success of his £24 million swoop for Robin van Persie last year.
"We possibly need two players," Ferguson said. "It depends. If a player came along who met our criteria we would push the boat out and get him, irrespective of how many players we have."
United have done a host of commercial deals recently, with some paying off the club`s debts, and the rest filtering into Ferguson`s transfer kitty.
"It does trickle down," said Ferguson "Having spoken with (United`s owners) the Glazer family, there is every intention to kick on.
"You have to credit the commercial people. They have done a great job.
"Of course the football team has been the platform for it but they are capitalising on such a great profile for the club.
"There is no doubt, worldwide, it seems to be getting bigger."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog