Man Utd says `angry and confused` Rooney `not for sale` even with transfer request
London: Premier League champions Manchester United has reportedly insisted that they will not sell player Wayne Rooney even if he hands in a formal transfer request.
Rooney is `angry and confused` at the perception that he is now an understudy to matchwinner Robin van Persie and has become disillusioned at the club, which is braced for a written transfer request from their unhappy striker.
However, a report says that despite Rooney`s discontent and Chelsea`s determination to purchase him, the Old Trafford giants are adamant that they will not be pushed into selling Rooney even if he hands in the transfer request.
But, the report said that the club is encouraged that their pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas will be successful, once they increase their offer, even as it strengthens its position on refusing to let go of Rooney, who could be back for a friendly in Sweden on August 6, despite flying home from United`s pre-season tour with a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, the report said that talks between United and Chelsea ended with an agreement that no player from either side would publicly discuss the Blues` pursuit of the striker, with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho agreeing to not name-check Rooney and declare questions over the player out of bounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'