Manchested United prepare third bid for Cesc Fabregas
London: English football club Manchester United are preparing a third bid to sign Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
David Moyes, after taking over from Alex Ferguson as the club manager has made two unsuccessful efforts of 26 and 30 million pounds to bring Fabregas to Old Trafford and the latest bid is set to be in the region of 35 millions pounds, their highest bid for any player, reports the Telegraph daily.
But the reigning English Premier League champions could face another failed bid as Barcelona are in no mood to lose the Spanish international. Their new coach Gerardo Martino said that they will reject any new bids for the player Tuesday and reiterated that Fabregas is not for sale.
"I’m not going to involve myself in the club`s accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third. In other words, he will remain here," Martino had said earlier.
Fabregas` silence over the transfer talks have also boosted Moyes` hopes of bringing him to Manchester United and they have placed a club record bid for the former Arsenal midfielder after they paid 31 million pounds for Dimitri Berbatov to Tottenham Hotspurs in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!