Manchester City agree fee with Juventus for Carlos Tevez
Manchester: Manchester City have agreed a fee with Juventus for striker Carlos Tevez.
The Serie A champions will pay €11.8 million for the Argentine forward with an extra €6m to be paid if Juventus win the league and reach the Champions League semi-finals next season.
As revealed by Goal, Juventus have stepped up their efforts to sign the former Manchester United man after beginning formal talks with Manchester City over a potential move.
Real Madrid and AC Milan are also both monitoring the situation and City think Massimiliano Allegri`s men may well counter with an offer of their own.
However, while Milan have long held an interest in Tevez they have admitted they may need to sell before they can buy this summer.
Juventus, meanwhile, have also agreed terms with Gonzalo Higuain but look set to miss out on the Real Madrid man after Arsenal officials flew to Madrid to finalise a deal.
Tevez has endured a controversial time at Manchester City, since moving from rivals United in 2009.
Despite helping the club win both the Premier League and the FA Cup during his stay at the Etihad, the striker also spent five months out of the team after clashing with Roberto Mancini during a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
The striker eventually returned to action for City and was the club`s joint top goal scorer last season, with Sergio Aguero, scoring 17 goals from 47 appearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?