Manchester City agree fee with Juventus for Carlos Tevez
Manchester: Manchester City have agreed a fee with Juventus for striker Carlos Tevez.
The Serie A champions will pay €11.8 million for the Argentine forward with an extra €6m to be paid if Juventus win the league and reach the Champions League semi-finals next season.
As revealed by Goal, Juventus have stepped up their efforts to sign the former Manchester United man after beginning formal talks with Manchester City over a potential move.
Real Madrid and AC Milan are also both monitoring the situation and City think Massimiliano Allegri`s men may well counter with an offer of their own.
However, while Milan have long held an interest in Tevez they have admitted they may need to sell before they can buy this summer.
Juventus, meanwhile, have also agreed terms with Gonzalo Higuain but look set to miss out on the Real Madrid man after Arsenal officials flew to Madrid to finalise a deal.
Tevez has endured a controversial time at Manchester City, since moving from rivals United in 2009.
Despite helping the club win both the Premier League and the FA Cup during his stay at the Etihad, the striker also spent five months out of the team after clashing with Roberto Mancini during a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
The striker eventually returned to action for City and was the club`s joint top goal scorer last season, with Sergio Aguero, scoring 17 goals from 47 appearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh