Manchester City agrees to pay 27 million pounds for Dzeko
London: Manchester City has agreed a 27 million pounds cut-price fee with Wolfsburg for highly-rated Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko.
Representatives from City thrashed out a deal with Steve McClaren’s struggling Bundesliga club over the weekend.
Dzeko is likely to be offered a five-year deal worth around 100,000 pounds a week and City does not expect any stumbling blocks, a newspaper reports.
Wolfsburg told City last month they wanted 38 million pounds for him, so the final price - which is likely to include add-ons - represents a good deal for City.
Serie A giants Juventus also tracked Dzeko but City were always confident of getting the striker.
Dzeko has scored 10 goals this season, taking his tally to 66 in 111 games for Wolfsburg since he joined from FK Teplice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey