Manchester City can break Chelsea scoring record: Yaya Toure
London: Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure believes that his side can break Chelsea`s record for the most goals scored in a Premier League season.
The Blues blitzed 103 on their way to the title in 2009-10 but, after Sunday`s 6-0 demolition of Tottenham took City`s total to 34 after just 12 games - 10 more than anyone else in the division - City are on track to surpass the achievements of Carlo Ancelotti`s side.
Asked by reporters if Manuel Pellegrini`s men could set a new record, Toure enthused: "I hope so. We have the strikers [to do it].
"The team is concentrated on attacking; it`s fantastic. When you win like we did against Tottenham, it`s fantastic. They are a serious contender in the Premier League this year."
City`s previous fixture before the international break was a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Sunderland, and the midfielder knows the value of getting back on track quickly and addressing their poor away record.
"It was a very important win," he remarked. "Our loss at Sunderland was hard to take. It`s always difficult when you lose a game like that.
"We want to regain the Premier League title. We knew it would be difficult and if we are to stand a chance of doing that we have to win away from home.
"We are trying to find a balance. At home, we are prolific. Away, it`s more difficult. Either the referee is not fine or the fans or the opponents are making it really hard [but] that`s part of football. That`s the Premier League.
"We have to start winning away from home. It`s not just the big teams who are the problem. It`s the normal teams. The manager is working on finding the right balance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state