Manchester City can still win the title: Hart
London: The Premier League champions have to overcome another big deficit if they are to retain their crown, but the England international is adamant that they will succeed.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart is confident his side can retain the Premier League title despite being seven points behind leaders Manchester United.
The deficit emerged following a defeat by Sunderland courtesy of a goal from former midfielder Adam Johnson and Chicharito`s late winner against Newcastle.
City managed to overhaul an eight-point gap set by their neighbours late last season to win their first league title since 1968.
Chelsea are also within four points of Roberto Mancini`s men with a game in hand, but Hart is only looking upwards - and more importantly - at regaining the title.
He told reporters: "We’ve had leads, United have had the lead — it’s to-ing and fro-ing at the moment.
"We’re a team of winners, it’s hard and it hurts but we’ve got to move on. It is hard to lead and it is hard to chase.
"We’ve clawed points back before — we proved it at the end of last season. We’ve just got to believe."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened