Manchester City can still win the title: Hart
London: The Premier League champions have to overcome another big deficit if they are to retain their crown, but the England international is adamant that they will succeed.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart is confident his side can retain the Premier League title despite being seven points behind leaders Manchester United.
The deficit emerged following a defeat by Sunderland courtesy of a goal from former midfielder Adam Johnson and Chicharito`s late winner against Newcastle.
City managed to overhaul an eight-point gap set by their neighbours late last season to win their first league title since 1968.
Chelsea are also within four points of Roberto Mancini`s men with a game in hand, but Hart is only looking upwards - and more importantly - at regaining the title.
He told reporters: "We’ve had leads, United have had the lead — it’s to-ing and fro-ing at the moment.
"We’re a team of winners, it’s hard and it hurts but we’ve got to move on. It is hard to lead and it is hard to chase.
"We’ve clawed points back before — we proved it at the end of last season. We’ve just got to believe."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?