Manchester City complete signing of Javi Garcia from Benfica
Manchester City have officially completed the signing of midfielder Javi Garcia from Benfica.
The fee for the Spaniard is worth a total of £18 million, an initial fee of £15.5m plus an additional £2.5m in potential add-ons.
The swoop for Garcia makes it a successful transfer deadline day for Roberto Mancini`s side, who have also signed Scott Sinclair, Maicon, Matija Nastasic and Richard Wright.
The 25-year-old came through the ranks at Real Madrid, with whom he has had two spells, and has also played for Osasuna in La Liga.
The signing has come too late for Garcia to be considered for selection in Saturday`s game at home to QPR, but he will be eligible for selection in the game away to Stoke City after the international break.
The Premier League champions are yet to release any details on the contract length for their new signing, who had to wait until just before the transfer window slammed shut for the paperwork to go through on his switch.
Garcia has been handed the No.14 shirt at the Etihad Staidum for the remainder of the 2012-13 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state