Manchester City eyeing swoop on Zlatan Ibrahimovic
London: Volatile Swedish soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being eyed by Premier League club Manchester City, after the volatile player had a fall out with new Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc.
New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is ready to launch a cut-price swoop for the Swedish superstar who has been denied a Real Madrid move.
The report said that Pellegrini needed attacking reinforcements this summer as Mancini sold Mario Balotelli in January without signing a replacement, along with Tevez being allowed to join Juventus.
Ibrahimovic has earlier played for clubs Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan, and famously scored four sensational goals against England in a friendly last November, including a 30-yard overhead kick, the report added.
While City are yet to make an official bid, Ibrahimovic is eager to establish himself in the Premier League after being annoyed by the dismissive tone taken towards him in England over much of the past decade, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought