Manchester City eyeing swoop on Zlatan Ibrahimovic
London: Volatile Swedish soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being eyed by Premier League club Manchester City, after the volatile player had a fall out with new Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc.
New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is ready to launch a cut-price swoop for the Swedish superstar who has been denied a Real Madrid move.
The report said that Pellegrini needed attacking reinforcements this summer as Mancini sold Mario Balotelli in January without signing a replacement, along with Tevez being allowed to join Juventus.
Ibrahimovic has earlier played for clubs Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan, and famously scored four sensational goals against England in a friendly last November, including a 30-yard overhead kick, the report added.
While City are yet to make an official bid, Ibrahimovic is eager to establish himself in the Premier League after being annoyed by the dismissive tone taken towards him in England over much of the past decade, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown