Manchester City eyeing swoop on Zlatan Ibrahimovic
London: Volatile Swedish soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being eyed by Premier League club Manchester City, after the volatile player had a fall out with new Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc.
New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is ready to launch a cut-price swoop for the Swedish superstar who has been denied a Real Madrid move.
The report said that Pellegrini needed attacking reinforcements this summer as Mancini sold Mario Balotelli in January without signing a replacement, along with Tevez being allowed to join Juventus.
Ibrahimovic has earlier played for clubs Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan, and famously scored four sensational goals against England in a friendly last November, including a 30-yard overhead kick, the report added.
While City are yet to make an official bid, Ibrahimovic is eager to establish himself in the Premier League after being annoyed by the dismissive tone taken towards him in England over much of the past decade, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today