Manchester City eyeing swoop on Zlatan Ibrahimovic
London: Volatile Swedish soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is being eyed by Premier League club Manchester City, after the volatile player had a fall out with new Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc.
New Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is ready to launch a cut-price swoop for the Swedish superstar who has been denied a Real Madrid move.
The report said that Pellegrini needed attacking reinforcements this summer as Mancini sold Mario Balotelli in January without signing a replacement, along with Tevez being allowed to join Juventus.
Ibrahimovic has earlier played for clubs Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and AC Milan, and famously scored four sensational goals against England in a friendly last November, including a 30-yard overhead kick, the report added.
While City are yet to make an official bid, Ibrahimovic is eager to establish himself in the Premier League after being annoyed by the dismissive tone taken towards him in England over much of the past decade, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre