Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure: Balotelli will be one of the Premier League`s best
london: The Ivory Coast international has tipped his team-mate to overcome his various troubles since arriving from Inter to become one of the greatest players in England
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says that his team-mate Mario Balotelli will prove himself as one of the best strikers in the Premier League.
Injuries and suspensions often interrupted the Italian`s first two years at the Etihad Stadium, while this season he has managed just the one goal from a total 13 appearances, including seven starts.
Toure recognises the striker’s temperamental shortcomings, but remains certain that the 22-year-old will still fulfil his potential after working particularly hard in training this year.
Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, Toure said: "Mario is an unbelievable player, but sometimes he can be angry with himself.
"All players need to improve, and I talk all the time with Mario. This year especially he has been working hard in training, and improving well, but sometimes in the game you can get so disappointed when you lose small things.
"But he has fantastic character, and I know he will be one of the top strikers in the Premier League."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra