Manchester City move unlikely, says Fred
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred has declared his wish to remain at Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after reportedly attracting interest from English side Manchester City.
The 29-year-old scored five goals from as many matches in Brazil`s triumphant Confederations Cup campaign last month.
His prolific form for both club and country has also caught the eye of Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
"We don`t know what will happen in the future but right now I don`t see myself leaving Fluminense," Fred told Radio Brasil.
"I have a long contract with Fluminense and my intention is to see it out."
It is understood the former Lyon forward doesn`t want to move to a club where he is not guaranteed a regular first-team place so close to the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country