Manchester City move unlikely, says Fred
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred has declared his wish to remain at Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after reportedly attracting interest from English side Manchester City.
The 29-year-old scored five goals from as many matches in Brazil`s triumphant Confederations Cup campaign last month.
His prolific form for both club and country has also caught the eye of Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
"We don`t know what will happen in the future but right now I don`t see myself leaving Fluminense," Fred told Radio Brasil.
"I have a long contract with Fluminense and my intention is to see it out."
It is understood the former Lyon forward doesn`t want to move to a club where he is not guaranteed a regular first-team place so close to the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report