Manchester City move unlikely, says Fred
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred has declared his wish to remain at Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after reportedly attracting interest from English side Manchester City.
The 29-year-old scored five goals from as many matches in Brazil`s triumphant Confederations Cup campaign last month.
His prolific form for both club and country has also caught the eye of Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
"We don`t know what will happen in the future but right now I don`t see myself leaving Fluminense," Fred told Radio Brasil.
"I have a long contract with Fluminense and my intention is to see it out."
It is understood the former Lyon forward doesn`t want to move to a club where he is not guaranteed a regular first-team place so close to the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days