Manchester City move unlikely, says Fred
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Fred has declared his wish to remain at Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after reportedly attracting interest from English side Manchester City.
The 29-year-old scored five goals from as many matches in Brazil`s triumphant Confederations Cup campaign last month.
His prolific form for both club and country has also caught the eye of Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
"We don`t know what will happen in the future but right now I don`t see myself leaving Fluminense," Fred told Radio Brasil.
"I have a long contract with Fluminense and my intention is to see it out."
It is understood the former Lyon forward doesn`t want to move to a club where he is not guaranteed a regular first-team place so close to the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!