Manchester City`s Aguero ruled out with `stupid` injury
London: Title-chasing Manchester City will be without striker Sergio Aguero for Saturday`s Premier League clash at home to Sunderland after picking up a "stupid" foot injury, manager Roberto Mancini said on Friday.
"It is a stupid injury," Mancini told a news conference. "It was not his fault but he can`t play with this injury; for one day, 10 days or two weeks, I don`t know."
Mancini, who has Aguero`s fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez available again, would not give details of the injury.
"I prefer not to say," he said. "But he couldn`t play against Stoke and can`t play tomorrow. I hope he can recover for Arsenal next weekend."
City, who are three points behind Manchester United, can return to the top with victory over Sunderland as United are not in action until Monday against Blackburn Rovers.
Tevez has made two appearances as a substitute since patching up his relationship with the club and Mancini said he could be ready for a larger role in City`s eight remaining league games.
"He is improving but I don`t think he can start," Mancini said. "But I think he can play more time, he is improving every week."
City could also welcome back defender Vincent Kompany after he missed the last four games with a hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley