Manchester City`s Aguero ruled out with `stupid` injury
London: Title-chasing Manchester City will be without striker Sergio Aguero for Saturday`s Premier League clash at home to Sunderland after picking up a "stupid" foot injury, manager Roberto Mancini said on Friday.
"It is a stupid injury," Mancini told a news conference. "It was not his fault but he can`t play with this injury; for one day, 10 days or two weeks, I don`t know."
Mancini, who has Aguero`s fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez available again, would not give details of the injury.
"I prefer not to say," he said. "But he couldn`t play against Stoke and can`t play tomorrow. I hope he can recover for Arsenal next weekend."
City, who are three points behind Manchester United, can return to the top with victory over Sunderland as United are not in action until Monday against Blackburn Rovers.
Tevez has made two appearances as a substitute since patching up his relationship with the club and Mancini said he could be ready for a larger role in City`s eight remaining league games.
"He is improving but I don`t think he can start," Mancini said. "But I think he can play more time, he is improving every week."
City could also welcome back defender Vincent Kompany after he missed the last four games with a hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey