Manchester City`s Aguero ruled out with `stupid` injury
London: Title-chasing Manchester City will be without striker Sergio Aguero for Saturday`s Premier League clash at home to Sunderland after picking up a "stupid" foot injury, manager Roberto Mancini said on Friday.
"It is a stupid injury," Mancini told a news conference. "It was not his fault but he can`t play with this injury; for one day, 10 days or two weeks, I don`t know."
Mancini, who has Aguero`s fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez available again, would not give details of the injury.
"I prefer not to say," he said. "But he couldn`t play against Stoke and can`t play tomorrow. I hope he can recover for Arsenal next weekend."
City, who are three points behind Manchester United, can return to the top with victory over Sunderland as United are not in action until Monday against Blackburn Rovers.
Tevez has made two appearances as a substitute since patching up his relationship with the club and Mancini said he could be ready for a larger role in City`s eight remaining league games.
"He is improving but I don`t think he can start," Mancini said. "But I think he can play more time, he is improving every week."
City could also welcome back defender Vincent Kompany after he missed the last four games with a hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- SP calls off merger with Mukhtar Ansari's Qaumi Ekta Dal, Balram Yadav to be inducted back in UP Cabinet
- EU founding states call for quick Brexit start
- Mahmud Abbas rejects charges of 'blood libel' against Jews
- Eight CRPF jawans killed, 21 injured as Lashkar terrorists ambush convoy in J&K's Pampore
- Three Hizbul militants arrested in J&K's Shopian district