Manchester City`s Boateng agrees to join Bayern
Berlin: Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng has agreed to join Bayern Munich for four years but the English club have not yet agreed the deal, the player said on Tuesday.
Germany international Boateng joined City from Hamburg SV last year on a contract until 2015 but failed to win a regular starting place and repeatedly said he wanted to leave.
"It is true that I have agreed with Bayern on a four-year deal. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult," the 22-year-old told a magazine.
"My dream is to have a starting spot within a year, hopefully at Bayern, and then I want to win the European championship (with Germany)."
Boateng was not used in his favourite central defensive position at City and said a move to Bayern would also be good for his role in the national team ahead of next year`s European Championship.
"It is about the position. Bayern want me as a central defender. That is also an advantage for the national team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble