Manchester City`s Boateng agrees to join Bayern
Berlin: Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng has agreed to join Bayern Munich for four years but the English club have not yet agreed the deal, the player said on Tuesday.
Germany international Boateng joined City from Hamburg SV last year on a contract until 2015 but failed to win a regular starting place and repeatedly said he wanted to leave.
"It is true that I have agreed with Bayern on a four-year deal. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult," the 22-year-old told a magazine.
"My dream is to have a starting spot within a year, hopefully at Bayern, and then I want to win the European championship (with Germany)."
Boateng was not used in his favourite central defensive position at City and said a move to Bayern would also be good for his role in the national team ahead of next year`s European Championship.
"It is about the position. Bayern want me as a central defender. That is also an advantage for the national team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’