Manchester City`s Yaya Toure subjected to monkey taunts in Moscow
Moscow: Manchester City`s Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure said he was the victim of racist abuse from the stands during his side`s 2-1 Champions League victory away at CSKA Moscow on Wednesday.
"I told the ref. I think it was unbelievable and very sad. We want to stop that," Toure, who was subjected to monkey chants at the Khimki Arena, told Sky Sports.
"I think UEFA have to do a lot to try to stop it. Maybe close the stadium for a couple of games. As an African player, it is always sad when you hear something like that."
City manager Manuel Pellegrini added: "It`s a pity and I hope we have the right measures."
Sergio Aguero scored twice to give City, who fell behind to Zoran Tosic`s strike, their second victory in Group D. They have six points from three games while CSKA have three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs