Manchester City`s Yaya Toure subjected to monkey taunts in Moscow
Moscow: Manchester City`s Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure said he was the victim of racist abuse from the stands during his side`s 2-1 Champions League victory away at CSKA Moscow on Wednesday.
"I told the ref. I think it was unbelievable and very sad. We want to stop that," Toure, who was subjected to monkey chants at the Khimki Arena, told Sky Sports.
"I think UEFA have to do a lot to try to stop it. Maybe close the stadium for a couple of games. As an African player, it is always sad when you hear something like that."
City manager Manuel Pellegrini added: "It`s a pity and I hope we have the right measures."
Sergio Aguero scored twice to give City, who fell behind to Zoran Tosic`s strike, their second victory in Group D. They have six points from three games while CSKA have three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Atomic bomb survivors to attend Hiroshima event for Obama visit
- International Red Cross to help flood-stricken Sri Lanka
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Jharkhand plans to improve its education system
- As BJP celebrates two years in power, ally Shiv Sena says Modi govt 'a failure on many fronts'