Manchester City set to sign Nasri
London: Two days after capturing Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, Manchester City is now poised to sign midfielder Samir Nasri in a 19 million pounds deal.
According to a daily, the 150,000 pounds-a-week deal is close to completion and will represent a significant victory for City with both Manchester United and Chelsea also keen on landing the Frenchman.
The news is a bitter blow for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who didn’t want Nasri to go to another Premier League club.
Earlier, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had told the club owners that he needs five new faces before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees