Manchester City set to sign Nasri
London: Two days after capturing Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, Manchester City is now poised to sign midfielder Samir Nasri in a 19 million pounds deal.
According to a daily, the 150,000 pounds-a-week deal is close to completion and will represent a significant victory for City with both Manchester United and Chelsea also keen on landing the Frenchman.
The news is a bitter blow for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who didn’t want Nasri to go to another Premier League club.
Earlier, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had told the club owners that he needs five new faces before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore