Manchester City sign defender Mangala from Porto
London: French defender Eliaquim Mangala has joined Manchester City from Porto for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 23-year-old, who was part of France`s World Cup squad but did not play in any games, has signed for a fee reported in British media to be 32 million pounds ($53.70 million).
Mangala began his career with Belgian side Standard Liege in 2008 before joining Porto in 2011 where he went on to win the Portuguese championship twice.
Mangala is City`s sixth signing of the close season and he joins former Porto team mate Fernando at the Etihad Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble