Manchester City sign defender Mangala from Porto
London: French defender Eliaquim Mangala has joined Manchester City from Porto for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 23-year-old, who was part of France`s World Cup squad but did not play in any games, has signed for a fee reported in British media to be 32 million pounds ($53.70 million).
Mangala began his career with Belgian side Standard Liege in 2008 before joining Porto in 2011 where he went on to win the Portuguese championship twice.
Mangala is City`s sixth signing of the close season and he joins former Porto team mate Fernando at the Etihad Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral