Manchester City sign defender Mangala from Porto
London: French defender Eliaquim Mangala has joined Manchester City from Porto for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The 23-year-old, who was part of France`s World Cup squad but did not play in any games, has signed for a fee reported in British media to be 32 million pounds ($53.70 million).
Mangala began his career with Belgian side Standard Liege in 2008 before joining Porto in 2011 where he went on to win the Portuguese championship twice.
Mangala is City`s sixth signing of the close season and he joins former Porto team mate Fernando at the Etihad Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!