Manchester City to face Chelsea or Manchester United in FA Cup semi-final
London: Manchester City will face either Chelsea or Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Roberto Mancini`s side confirmed their place in the last four with a commanding 5-0 thrashing of Barnsley on Saturday but will have to await the outcome of a replay after Chelsea came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Old Trafford on Sunday evening.
After falling behind to first-half goals from Chicharito and Wayne Rooney, the FA Cup holders rallied, securing a replay thanks to strikes from Eden Hazard and Ramires.
The other semi-final tie will see either Millwall or Blackburn Rovers meet Wigan. The Premier League side surprisingly defeated Everton 3-0 at Goodison Park, while the Championship outfits also face a replay after a 0-0 draw on Sunday.
Should one of the eventual finalists qualify for next season`s Champions League, it will mean one of the Latics, Millwall or Blackburn would qualify for the Europa League next season in place of the sixth-place side in the top flight.
The ties will take place on the weekend of April 13 and 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea
- Joe Biden urges Cyprus leaders to resume talks
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Doctors in Delhi Govt hospitals to go on strike over salaries, allowance
- What is so special for Xiaomi fans next week? Is it the Mi 5 black?