Manchester United captain Vidic to join Inter Milan
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will join Inter Milan for next season, the Serie A side announced on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Serbia central defender said last month he would be leaving the Premier League champions at the end of this term and was looking at moving to a team outside England.
"Vidic is a world-class player," Inter president Erick Thohir told the club`s website (www.inter.it).
"I`m extremely happy to have completed this deal to bring Nemanja to Milan. He`s one of the world`s best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree and charisma will be an asset to the team and help bring through our younger players.
"He will bring added value to the club and is another piece of the great Inter side we are building,"
Vidic joined United in 2006, winning a host of trophies, including five Premier League titles, the Champions League and the Club World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon