Manchester United captain Vidic to join Inter Milan
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will join Inter Milan for next season, the Serie A side announced on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Serbia central defender said last month he would be leaving the Premier League champions at the end of this term and was looking at moving to a team outside England.
"Vidic is a world-class player," Inter president Erick Thohir told the club`s website (www.inter.it).
"I`m extremely happy to have completed this deal to bring Nemanja to Milan. He`s one of the world`s best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree and charisma will be an asset to the team and help bring through our younger players.
"He will bring added value to the club and is another piece of the great Inter side we are building,"
Vidic joined United in 2006, winning a host of trophies, including five Premier League titles, the Champions League and the Club World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati
- BRICS Employment Working Group to meet on July 27-28
- Dozens injured in fresh protests as police foil separatist march in Kashmir
- Cristiano Ronaldo meets Conor McGregor in the ring – See what happened next!
- Rahguram Rajan's continuance would have benefited India: Subbarao