Manchester United captain Vidic to join Inter Milan
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will join Inter Milan for next season, the Serie A side announced on Wednesday.
The 32-year-old Serbia central defender said last month he would be leaving the Premier League champions at the end of this term and was looking at moving to a team outside England.
"Vidic is a world-class player," Inter president Erick Thohir told the club`s website (www.inter.it).
"I`m extremely happy to have completed this deal to bring Nemanja to Milan. He`s one of the world`s best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree and charisma will be an asset to the team and help bring through our younger players.
"He will bring added value to the club and is another piece of the great Inter side we are building,"
Vidic joined United in 2006, winning a host of trophies, including five Premier League titles, the Champions League and the Club World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' mints over Rs 10 crore in opening weekend
- Two arrested with narcotic capsules, injections in Jammu
- Pakistan rise to No. 1 in Test rankings after India-West Indies match called off
- Dengue menace: Two more die in Delhi, death toll jumps to 311