Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeks
London: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has confirmed that defender Jonny Evans will be out of action for two weeks after suffering a calf injury during the side`s 5-0 win over Wigan in the English Premier League.
Ferguson also said after the match that Evans will not make the New Year`s Eve encounter with Blackburn, Xinhua reported.
"Jonny came off injured. He has a calf injury and will be out for two weeks," said Ferguson.
"We have had a nightmare the last few days. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have both been ill. Rio Ferdinand pulled up yesterday with a back injury and Jonny Evans has come off at half-time. It does put you under pressure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok