Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeks
London: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has confirmed that defender Jonny Evans will be out of action for two weeks after suffering a calf injury during the side`s 5-0 win over Wigan in the English Premier League.
Ferguson also said after the match that Evans will not make the New Year`s Eve encounter with Blackburn, Xinhua reported.
"Jonny came off injured. He has a calf injury and will be out for two weeks," said Ferguson.
"We have had a nightmare the last few days. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have both been ill. Rio Ferdinand pulled up yesterday with a back injury and Jonny Evans has come off at half-time. It does put you under pressure," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter