Manchester United, Everton agree £24m Marouane Fellaini fee
Manchester: Manchester United have agreed a £24 million fee with Everton for midfielder Marouane Fellaini, Goal understands.
The clubs have a verbal understanding and are now thrashing out the minor details of the deal, including payment structures, while Everton are not willing to complete the transfer until they have signed James McCarthy from Wigan as the Belgian’s replacement.
As of Monday morning, no transfer request had been submitted by Fellaini.
However, both clubs fully expect Fellaini to join United before the transfer window closes at 11pm, but Leighton Baines’ future is looking more uncertain.
Everton value the England left-back at £20m and are continuing to rebuff United’s advances, despite the player privately expressing his desire to leave Goodison Park.
Roberto Martinez, the Merseysiders` manager, has been preparing for Fellaini`s departure this summer but he is desperate to keep hold of Baines as the 28-year-old is considered vital to the team`s style of play.
United manager David Moyes has been equally desperate to strengthen his midfield this summer and turned to 25-year-old Fellaini after missing out on Thiago Alcantara and Cesc Fabregas.
The Old Trafford club are also looking to complete a deadline day deal for Athletic Bilbao playmaker Ander Herrera but will have to pay the €36m buyout clause in his contract.
Everton, meanwhile, are already looking to reinvest the money from Fellaini’s departure with a £12.5m move for McCarthy while Martinez is also lining up a deal for Manchester City duo Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka