Manchester United have more character than anyone else: Evra
London: Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says that no club have as much character as the Premier League leaders, and that they do not receive the praise they deserve.
The Red Devils have become synonymous with late comebacks over the past two decades, and did it once again in Wednesday`s 2-2 draw against West Ham.
However, Evra is convinced that such exploits are now taken for granted among neutrals, who are loathe to praise the league leaders.
"Because it is Manchester United people don`t give us a lot of credit," Evra told Sky Sports. "They just say `Oh, okay, they escaped, they came back`.
"If it is another team they say what great character they have, what a great team they are. But we have not escaped. This is character. This is personality. It is the reason we are in the position we are.
"I don`t see anyone with more character than this team."
Nevertheless, with United currently on the verge of collecting their 20th league title, Evra is confident that the prospect of silverware will more than make up for a lack of plaudits.
"You have to accept the criticism," he concluded. "But in France we say we pay the musician at the end of the show. I hope we are going to be paying this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister