Manchester United include Vidic in European tour
Manchester: Nemanja Vidic has been included in Manchester United`s 21-man squad for their pre-season European tour.
The Serbian defender and Old Trafford skipper has been out of action since sustaining a serious injury midway through last season.
The Premier League runners-up face Valerenga on Sunday then travel to Gothenburg for a clash with Barcelona on August 8 before finishing against Hannover 96 on August 11.
Other star names included in the Red Devils’ squad include Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Rio Ferdinand.
The 21 players make up a much stronger squad than the one which travelled to South Africa in July as the 2012-13 campaign creeps closer to its start.
Players that will not be travelling with Sir Alex Ferguson’s side include injured defenders Chris Smalling (foot) and Jonny Evans (ankle).
Team GB duo Ryan Giggs and Tom Cleverley and Brazil defender Rafael are also left out because of their continued participation in the London 2012 Olympic Games.
• Goalkeepers: De Gea, Lindegaard.
• Defenders: Evra, Ferdinand, Jones, M Keane, Vidic.
• Midfielders: Anderson, Carrick, Nani, Powell, Lingard, Scholes, Valencia, Young
• Forwards: Berbatov, Hernandez, Kagawa, Macheda, Rooney, Welbeck.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh