Manchester United loan winger Bebe to Besiktas
London: Manchester United winger Bebe will spend next season on loan at Turkish club Besiktas, the Premier League champions said on Thursday.
The 20-year-old forward, who joined United from Portuguese outfit Vitoria de Guimaraes last August in a deal reported to be worth 7 million pounds ($11.3 million), made only seven first-team appearances.
"Reds winger Bebe will spend the forthcoming season on loan at Turkish side Besiktas," United said in a statement on their website.
The 6ft-3in Bebe, who had joined Guimaraes less than two months before his switch to Old Trafford and never played a game for the Portuguese club, struggled to break into the United first team.
He spent most of the campaign playing in the reserves but did manage to score twice in limited first-team action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened