Manchester United - Newcastle Preview: Leaders looks for response after Swansea draw
London: The Red Devils lead the Premier League by four points after drawing at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday, but will have to overcome a Magpies side intent on climbing the table.
The only real injury problems Sir Alex Ferguson has are in midfield, with Anderson (hamstring) set to miss out until the trip to West Brom on December 29.
Nani (hamstring) and Shinji Kagawa (knee) will most likely return against Steve Clarke`s side at the Hawthorns asl well, so Ferguson may well call on the likes of Paul Scholes and Danny Welbeck to fill in the gaps in midfield.
Wayne Rooney could be dropped after a disappointing display at Swansea in which he was substituted, with Chicharito or Welbeck ready to take his place up front.
Alan Pardew has a number of fitness issues to contend with in his squad - Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring) and Dan Gosling (knee) have no set return dates, and are likely to miss the trip to Old Trafford.
Centre-back Steven Taylor (hamstring) is missing till January, while influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye (groin) is out until February.
Ryan Taylor (knee) will not be playing until March, and Haris Vukcic (knee) is likely to be out for the rest of the season, so the January transfer window cannot come soon enough for the Newcastle boss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers