Manchester United - Newcastle Preview: Leaders looks for response after Swansea draw
London: The Red Devils lead the Premier League by four points after drawing at the Liberty Stadium on Sunday, but will have to overcome a Magpies side intent on climbing the table.
The only real injury problems Sir Alex Ferguson has are in midfield, with Anderson (hamstring) set to miss out until the trip to West Brom on December 29.
Nani (hamstring) and Shinji Kagawa (knee) will most likely return against Steve Clarke`s side at the Hawthorns asl well, so Ferguson may well call on the likes of Paul Scholes and Danny Welbeck to fill in the gaps in midfield.
Wayne Rooney could be dropped after a disappointing display at Swansea in which he was substituted, with Chicharito or Welbeck ready to take his place up front.
Alan Pardew has a number of fitness issues to contend with in his squad - Hatem Ben Arfa (hamstring) and Dan Gosling (knee) have no set return dates, and are likely to miss the trip to Old Trafford.
Centre-back Steven Taylor (hamstring) is missing till January, while influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye (groin) is out until February.
Ryan Taylor (knee) will not be playing until March, and Haris Vukcic (knee) is likely to be out for the rest of the season, so the January transfer window cannot come soon enough for the Newcastle boss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?