Manchester United not underdogs against Arsenal: Ryan Giggs
Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has dismissed suggestions Arsenal is the favorite ahead of the two teams’ clash at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Welshman says his side is always confident of victory, especially when playing at Old Trafford, but accepts that the Gunners go into Sunday`s game in top form.
The reigning champion goes into the game eight points behind the Gunners having already lost three times in the Premier League this season. Arsenal, meanwhile, is in fine form and full of confidence following impressive victories against Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund.
While Giggs recognizes Arsene Wenger’s men are in a strong position, he insists that does not make them favorites ahead of Sunday’s clash.
“Man United v Arsenal at Old Trafford, and we are underdogs?” Giggs told reporters at the launch of Manchester United’s Official Timekeeper, Bulova. “I wouldn’t say we were underdogs. But I take the point that Arsenal are probably the form team and it is going to be a tough game. You know what you’re going to get, they’re going to keep the ball, they have got plenty of quality and they are in good form.
“I think this season they have added a bit of steel, they’re not giving many goals away. Arsenal have always had the class to produce good performances and, this season, they have done it consistently. Confidence is high in their camp, but equally, we are finding a bit of form.”
After an inconsistent start, David Moyes’ men are unbeaten in their last eight games and Giggs says the team is starting to put a consistent run together.
“When Arsenal come to Old Trafford, it is always a big game,” he added. “But yes, over the years, there has been us and them going for the title and there have been some juicy meetings.
“With the start that they have had this season, they are top of the league so everyone is looking at this game as an important one. They had a great win in the week against Borussia Dortmund, so we are going to be up against it. But at Old Trafford we are always confident that, no matter who we are playing, we can beat them.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi