Manchester United not underdogs against Arsenal: Ryan Giggs
Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has dismissed suggestions Arsenal is the favorite ahead of the two teams’ clash at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Welshman says his side is always confident of victory, especially when playing at Old Trafford, but accepts that the Gunners go into Sunday`s game in top form.
The reigning champion goes into the game eight points behind the Gunners having already lost three times in the Premier League this season. Arsenal, meanwhile, is in fine form and full of confidence following impressive victories against Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund.
While Giggs recognizes Arsene Wenger’s men are in a strong position, he insists that does not make them favorites ahead of Sunday’s clash.
“Man United v Arsenal at Old Trafford, and we are underdogs?” Giggs told reporters at the launch of Manchester United’s Official Timekeeper, Bulova. “I wouldn’t say we were underdogs. But I take the point that Arsenal are probably the form team and it is going to be a tough game. You know what you’re going to get, they’re going to keep the ball, they have got plenty of quality and they are in good form.
“I think this season they have added a bit of steel, they’re not giving many goals away. Arsenal have always had the class to produce good performances and, this season, they have done it consistently. Confidence is high in their camp, but equally, we are finding a bit of form.”
After an inconsistent start, David Moyes’ men are unbeaten in their last eight games and Giggs says the team is starting to put a consistent run together.
“When Arsenal come to Old Trafford, it is always a big game,” he added. “But yes, over the years, there has been us and them going for the title and there have been some juicy meetings.
“With the start that they have had this season, they are top of the league so everyone is looking at this game as an important one. They had a great win in the week against Borussia Dortmund, so we are going to be up against it. But at Old Trafford we are always confident that, no matter who we are playing, we can beat them.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list