Manchester United records consecutive home win with 3-1 victory over West Ham
London: Defending Premier League champions Manchester United has recorded a seventh consecutive win at home with a rousing 3-1 victory over West Ham United at Old Trafford on Saturday, leaving the visitors a point off the relegation zone.
United has not lost more home games in a season since 2001-02, but three wins on the road in the past 11 days - including securing a League Cup semi-final against Sunderland - went some way to quieten the dissenting voices.
According to the BBC, England and United striker Danny Welbeck recorded his first Old Trafford goal in 14 months by striking early in the 26th minute, followed by the maiden Old Trafford goal by teenager Adnan Januzaj ten minutes later after which substitute Ashley Young curled in the 72nd minute.
Meanwhile, for West Ham, Carlton Cole slotted in a consolation goal after racing clear in the 81st minute, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed