Manchester United records consecutive home win with 3-1 victory over West Ham
London: Defending Premier League champions Manchester United has recorded a seventh consecutive win at home with a rousing 3-1 victory over West Ham United at Old Trafford on Saturday, leaving the visitors a point off the relegation zone.
United has not lost more home games in a season since 2001-02, but three wins on the road in the past 11 days - including securing a League Cup semi-final against Sunderland - went some way to quieten the dissenting voices.
According to the BBC, England and United striker Danny Welbeck recorded his first Old Trafford goal in 14 months by striking early in the 26th minute, followed by the maiden Old Trafford goal by teenager Adnan Januzaj ten minutes later after which substitute Ashley Young curled in the 72nd minute.
Meanwhile, for West Ham, Carlton Cole slotted in a consolation goal after racing clear in the 81st minute, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP