Manchester United`s Darren Fletcher returns to action with reserves
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has made a return to competitive action, playing 67 minutes for the club`s under-21 team as he battles back from a chronic illness.
The 29-year-old Scotland captain announced in November 2011 that he was taking an extended break from the game after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, a bowel condition.
He has missed most of the past two seasons, and last appeared for United`s senior team on December 26 2012.
He made his latest comeback in a 2-2 draw against Fulham`s under-21 team on Monday.
"It`s been a long time so it`s good to get back tonight," Fletcher told the Manchester United television channel.
"I`ve been training for a few weeks now and the next progression is to get some match-time. I enjoyed it.
"The plan was to get to half-time and see how I felt. Then get to 60 minutes and take it from there and, although I felt I could have gone on a bit longer, the plan was not to play more than that so I`m better sticking to the plan and not upsetting the sports science lads."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why