Manchester United`s Darren Fletcher returns to action with reserves
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher has made a return to competitive action, playing 67 minutes for the club`s under-21 team as he battles back from a chronic illness.
The 29-year-old Scotland captain announced in November 2011 that he was taking an extended break from the game after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, a bowel condition.
He has missed most of the past two seasons, and last appeared for United`s senior team on December 26 2012.
He made his latest comeback in a 2-2 draw against Fulham`s under-21 team on Monday.
"It`s been a long time so it`s good to get back tonight," Fletcher told the Manchester United television channel.
"I`ve been training for a few weeks now and the next progression is to get some match-time. I enjoyed it.
"The plan was to get to half-time and see how I felt. Then get to 60 minutes and take it from there and, although I felt I could have gone on a bit longer, the plan was not to play more than that so I`m better sticking to the plan and not upsetting the sports science lads."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!