Manchester United sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton
London: Manchester United have signed Everton`s powerful Belgium forward Marouane Fellaini for 27.5 million pounds, the Merseyside club said on their website (www.evertonfc.com).
Fellaini, 25, was linked with a move to the Premier League champions throughout the transfer window although United`s former Everton manager David Moyes left it until just before the deadline on Monday to land one of his main transfer targets.
Belgium allowed Fellaini to delay joining up with their squad for the World Cup qualifier away to Scotland on Friday and was reported by British media to have handed in a transfer request in an effort to push through a move to United.
United had also pursued the Merseyside club`s England left back Leighton Baines but failed last month with a joint bid for the pair which Everton described as "derisory and insulting".
Fellaini, who moved to Goodison Park from Standard Liege for 15 million pounds in 2008, had a contract until 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- RBL Bank IPO fully subscribed
- Muslims cannot use cow urine products, rules Darul Uloom
- Bus falls into ditch in Bihar's Nawada, 28 injured
- Pullela Gopichand is good, but we will find a better coach for PV Sindhu: Telangana deputy CM Mohammed Mahmood Ali
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez