Manchester United star Shinji Kagawa wants to quit club in January
London: Japanese playmaker Shinji Kagawa wants to quit Manchester United in January as he fears he could miss out on a World Cup place, being at Old Trafford.
According to the Mirror, Kagawa, 24, fears he will continue to be frozen out of the United side in the build-up to the World Cup, and does not want to risk a lack of fitness and form as he heads to Brazil.
The Japanese midfielder has struggled for games since David Moyes took over and has now told teammates that he needs to leave Old Trafford in the transfer window, the report said.
His uncertain future has been highlighted ever since Moyes arrived as Sir Alex Ferguson`s successor, and the fact he now accepts he needs a new club will come as a blow to fans who believe he gives the side a more creative outlook, the report added.
The emergence of teen sensation Adnan Januzaj has certainly not helped Kagawa`s chances of gaining a regular starting role at United, the report further said.
Kagawa arrived in June 2012 in a deal worth around 17 million pounds from Borussia Dortmund, according to the report.
The German club enquired about re-signing him in the summer, and Bundesliga side Wolfsburg have declared that they will be in the hunt to snap him up too if he becomes available, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video