Mancini left `frustrated` by poor Manchester City finishing
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has once again expressed his irritation at his side’s inability to take their chances and make their dominance of games count.
The FA Cup finalists beat West Brom 1-0 at the Etihad Stadium thanks to a volley from Edin Dzeko, and the Italian repeated his message from earlier this week that the team’s poor finishing keeps letting them down as they failed to extend their lead against the Baggies.
“I’m frustrated because it is almost impossible to miss all these chances,” he told ESPN after the game. “When you have six or seven clear chances, you should score.
“In the first half, they started better than us for the first 10 minutes, but we’re missing I don’t know how many chances.”
Mancini made eight changes for the game, with one eye on the FA Cup final against Wigan on Saturday, and he praised his players for coming in and performing despite a lack of match practice.
“It was a difficult game,” he said. “We knew it would be before the game, because we changed [eight] players, and it’s difficult.
“Also, the players did everything to win this game, so it was an important win. It was difficult for Micah [Richards] and [Edin] Dzeko as they haven’t played for a long time, so it’s not easy.”
City`s cup final opponents lost 3-2 to Swansea in their crunch Premier League match on Tuesday night, but Mancini is not expecting the Latics to be demoralised when they make the trip to Wembley.
He added: “They still have a chance, they have another two games and they will be looking to avoid relegation. They have more chances in the next two games.
“The final is the final, it is not important for the Premier League, and I think they’ll play at 100 per cent and be very strong.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah