Mancini overtakes Fergie in wages stakes with new ‘lengthy Man City deal’
London: Interim Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has agreed to a lengthy new contract at the soccer club that will take him past Manchester United’s Sir Alex Ferguson in the Premier League managers`` wage table.
According to the Daily Mail, City are expected to announce the 47-year-old Italian``s new deal in the next week or so.
Mancini, currently thought to be paid around five million pounds a year at the Eastlands club, a similar figure to that of his Manchester United rival, still has a year left in the three-and-a-half year agreement which he signed when he was appointed as the City’s manager in December 2009.
The new figure is believed to take him closer to the 7.2 million pounds paid to English football’s highest managerial earner, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!