Mancini overtakes Fergie in wages stakes with new ‘lengthy Man City deal’
London: Interim Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has agreed to a lengthy new contract at the soccer club that will take him past Manchester United’s Sir Alex Ferguson in the Premier League managers`` wage table.
According to the Daily Mail, City are expected to announce the 47-year-old Italian``s new deal in the next week or so.
Mancini, currently thought to be paid around five million pounds a year at the Eastlands club, a similar figure to that of his Manchester United rival, still has a year left in the three-and-a-half year agreement which he signed when he was appointed as the City’s manager in December 2009.
The new figure is believed to take him closer to the 7.2 million pounds paid to English football’s highest managerial earner, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India