Mancini overtakes Fergie in wages stakes with new ‘lengthy Man City deal’
London: Interim Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has agreed to a lengthy new contract at the soccer club that will take him past Manchester United’s Sir Alex Ferguson in the Premier League managers`` wage table.
According to the Daily Mail, City are expected to announce the 47-year-old Italian``s new deal in the next week or so.
Mancini, currently thought to be paid around five million pounds a year at the Eastlands club, a similar figure to that of his Manchester United rival, still has a year left in the three-and-a-half year agreement which he signed when he was appointed as the City’s manager in December 2009.
The new figure is believed to take him closer to the 7.2 million pounds paid to English football’s highest managerial earner, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress