Mancini says Man City ‘much better’ than Man U despite losing derby
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has declared his team superior than rivals Manchester United while he also saying that he will not sell Mario Balotelli in the forseeable future.
Mancini and his players are still reeling from Sunday`s dramatic derby defeat at home to United and now trail their rivals by six points in the Barclays Premier League.
However, Mancini told a function in Italy that he still believes his team to be better than that from the red half of town.
“United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football,” the Daily Mail quoted Mancini, as saying.
According to the paper, Mancini`s relationship with young striker Balotelli is also under the microscope again this week after he substituted the 22-year-old after 50 minutes on Sunday.
However, it seems, though, that Mancini is prepared to keep faith in the enigmatic forward.
He added: “We are waiting for the moment he becomes aware of his talent. That is why he is not for sale.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert