Mancini says Man City ‘much better’ than Man U despite losing derby
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has declared his team superior than rivals Manchester United while he also saying that he will not sell Mario Balotelli in the forseeable future.
Mancini and his players are still reeling from Sunday`s dramatic derby defeat at home to United and now trail their rivals by six points in the Barclays Premier League.
However, Mancini told a function in Italy that he still believes his team to be better than that from the red half of town.
“United have more experience but we have a much better team and play much better football,” the Daily Mail quoted Mancini, as saying.
According to the paper, Mancini`s relationship with young striker Balotelli is also under the microscope again this week after he substituted the 22-year-old after 50 minutes on Sunday.
However, it seems, though, that Mancini is prepared to keep faith in the enigmatic forward.
He added: “We are waiting for the moment he becomes aware of his talent. That is why he is not for sale.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees