Mancini says Man U’s ‘five-point’ lead too much to beat
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini doesn’t believe Manchester United would lose their five points lead over them and still thinks they are going to win the Premier League title.
However, Mancini said he was proud of the efforts from his boys, as it was the best his team has performed in 50 years.
City won their home game against West Bromwich Albion 4-0 with the help of a brace from Sergio Aguero and goal apiece by Carlos Tevez and David Silva.
On the other hand United lost 1-0 against Wigan Athletic at DW Stadium, which has reduced their lead over City to five points, but Mancini doesn’t think United is going to blow away their lead.
“United are a fantastic team and I don’t think they can lose five points. For us it’s important and they have a fantastic spirit. I think five points is too much,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
“It is still important for us to finish the season well. This is the best season for 50 years and I am proud of the players. It was an important win because West Brom are a good team with a good manager and for that reason it was difficult,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa