Mancini signals ‘in-form’ Tevez could stay at Etihad next season
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has indicated striker Carlos Tevez could stay at the club next season, saying he can find his best form next season.
Mancini said it is not right to talk about his contract at the moment, and claimed Tevez is still not at his best.
“He can find his best form next season,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
“He has a contract. But at the moment it is not important to talk about the future. Carlos is not 100 per cent right now because it is impossible for him to be that after missing six months,” he added.
It is a clear signal that City’s former captain is back in favour at the Etihad. Just over six months ago, Mancini said the striker was ‘finished’ at the club after he refused to warm up in Munich.
Tevez has netted in four goals in three starts as he continues to improve after going AWOL, but Mancini has warned United there is more to come on Monday.
“It was a strange situation six months out,” Mancini said.
“He’s probably done better than I expected but I hope in the next three games he can continue to do this,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!