Mancini slams Mourinho for trying to sell himself around Europe
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has accused Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho of trying to sell around Europe’s top clubs.
There has been no love lost between Mancini and old rival since Mourinho led the Inter Milan team built by Mancini to a Champions League triumph in 2010.
Mancini has reacted to suggestions that the Special One now wants to succeed him at the Etihad Stadium by claiming the Mourinho is getting desperate in his efforts to find new employers.
“I read one day that Mourinho is going to Paris St Germain. The next day it’s Inter, then Manchester City, Manchester United and then Chelsea,” the Daily Mirror quoted Mancini, as saying.
“I am very happy for him. I think he is working well in what he is trying to do.
But I don’t feel under any pressure at City. I am disappointed we are out of the Champions League, but this is football,” he added.
Europe has proved to be Mancini’s Achilles heel at both Inter and City.
Mancini led the Italian giants to three successive Serie A titles but never progressed beyond the last eight of the Champions League.
After ending City’s 35-year wait for a trophy by lifting the FA Cup in 2011, Mancini led them to their first title since 1968 last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!