Mancini still putting money on Man U to win Champion League title
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini still insists Manchester United can win the Champions League trophy despite Alex Ferguson claims that his team has blown his chances.
“Only one team can win this title. I’ve never bet in my life but if you were to ask I would say put your money on United, 100 per cent. I don’t have a message for Sir Alex. If I did it would only be ‘Congratulations for your season and for this title’!,” The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
His statement comes after City’s 2-0 win at Wolves moved them within three points of Manchester United, which implies that a win over United at the Etihad would see Mancini’s side go to the top on goal difference.
On being suggested that the title race was now in City’s hands, Mancini still refused to lower his white flag!
“It’s not in our hands. We still have three points less and, after the derby, we still have to play two difficult games. Newcastle are fighting for a Champions League place and QPR are fighting against relegation, so we have three difficult games,” he said.
“If United win 10-0 against Swansea and win 2-0 against Sunderland, we can win 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 and we’ll still finish in second place!” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31