Mancini targets Higuain in place of rebel Tevez
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is planning to launch a bid for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain in the summer transfer window to replace Carlos Tevez, despite Tevez giving an unconditional apology following his infamous bust-up with Mancini during a Champions League encounter against Bayern Munich.
The City boss remains single-minded about selling the Argentine rebel in the summer and wants Higuain, who has scored 17 goals in 36 games for the Spanish giants, to fill his boots.
Higuain is reported to be considering his future after falling behind Karim Benzema in Jose Mourinho’s plans at Santiago Bernabeu. Madrid are keen to do a deal with the Blues that would see them offer Higuain and around six million pounds in exchange for Sergio Aguero, but Mancini has made it clear Aguero is going nowhere and is convinced he can still land Higuain with a bid of around 36 million pounds.
He could even offer Tevez as part of a possible swap deal and knows the Argentine will be desperate to get back in the shop window. Higuain is a top player, but we don’t want to sell Aguero for nothing. It’s impossible for us to sell him. He will stay here, but if Higuain wants to come here then we are happy,” The Daily Star quoted Mancini, as saying.
Tevez will face Bolton reserves on Tuesday and Mancini said: “If Carlos is performing in two weeks he will be valuable for us for the last six or seven games. I think he wants to show he can play in a top squad. This is important for him for next season.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray