Mancini to stay on at City for another season: Reports
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will reportedly stay on at the club to manage it for another season even if City loses the FA Cup final.
Although speculations are rife the Italian could be axed after a disappointing defence of the Premier League title, however, The Sun reported that Mancini has the full support of the new City chief executive Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain.
According to the report, even greater than the support of Soriano and Begiristain, Mancini is also backed by City`s chairman Khaldoon Al Mubaraak, who chose him to replace Mark Hughes in December 2009.
The report further said that Mancini, Soriano and Begiristain have already been making plans for next season to significantly strengthen the squad in a bid to get the Premier League title back from rivals United.
The report also said that if City wins against against Wigan at Wembley on May 11, it would be Mancini`s third trophy in three seasons with two FA Cups and last season`s title for which Mancini was given a new five-year deal at the club.
The report also mentioned that Mancini has a better relationship with Soriano and Begiristain than he had with the previous chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India