Mancini vows to concede PL title to Fergie if City loses Monday game to United
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said that he will congratulate arch-rivals Manchester United boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, on making a record 20th Premier League (PL) title if his side loses in the game on Monday night.
Stating that he will offer his congratulations to Ferguson, if United wins the match, Mancini, however, warned the PL front-runners that although they deserve to win this season, it will be different next season as City may put up a strong fight then.
Mancini insisted that the current vast 15-point gap between United and City is not a true reflection of the difference between the two rivals.
According to the Italian, the difference between City and United at this point should be five or six points, adding that the gap will be closer next season.
United, who is closing in on their 20th league crown after the agony of losing out to their bitter rivals on goal difference on the final day of last season, will be 18 points clear if they win on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof