Mancini vows to concede PL title to Fergie if City loses Monday game to United
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said that he will congratulate arch-rivals Manchester United boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, on making a record 20th Premier League (PL) title if his side loses in the game on Monday night.
Stating that he will offer his congratulations to Ferguson, if United wins the match, Mancini, however, warned the PL front-runners that although they deserve to win this season, it will be different next season as City may put up a strong fight then.
Mancini insisted that the current vast 15-point gap between United and City is not a true reflection of the difference between the two rivals.
According to the Italian, the difference between City and United at this point should be five or six points, adding that the gap will be closer next season.
United, who is closing in on their 20th league crown after the agony of losing out to their bitter rivals on goal difference on the final day of last season, will be 18 points clear if they win on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?