Mancini wants team to give best irrespective of title result
London: Manchester City manager has warned his faltering champions not to give up the battle for second place, urging them to fight till the end, after admitting Premier League title race is over.
Mancini may have given up on the title as they trail neighbours United by 15 points, with nine games to go, and now Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspurs are on their tail and could snatch the runners-up spot.
Mancini said he is sure Chelsea and Tottenham want to take second place, and he doesn`t think that can happen but they need to pay attention. Mancini added they want it as well and it is important for the players to finish second because if they do that and win the FA Cup it could still be a good season, adding the title race is over but that changes nothing, as we should do our best from now until the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test