Manuel Estiarte coy on Pep Guardiola’s AC Milan link
Barcelona: Manuel Estiarte has refused to comment on whether he met with AC Milan representatives earlier this week to discuss the future of Pep Guardiola.
The 51-year-old worked as head of external relations at Barcelona during the legendary midfielder`s spell in charge of the Catalans, and has a close relationship with the former Spain international.
A report in La Gazzetta dello Sport this week suggested that Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has met with Estiarte and Guardiola`s brother Pere to talk about the ex-Barca coach`s plans for the future, but he has remained coy on whether the meeting took place or not.
"Did I speak with Milan about Guardiola? It`s not up to me to answer that question..." the 51-year-old said at the World Business Forum.
Milan released an official statement on Tuesday evening to deny the meeting, but rumours about the Rossoneri`s interest in Guardiola continue to surface.
Estiarte also took the time to respond to Inter president Massimo Moratti`s recent claims that Barcelona are a boring team.
"I admire Moratti and I was surprised that he said something like that. He can say that he doesn`t like our style of play, but it`s a bit disrespectful to say that Barcelona are boring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US