Manuel Estiarte coy on Pep Guardiola’s AC Milan link
Barcelona: Manuel Estiarte has refused to comment on whether he met with AC Milan representatives earlier this week to discuss the future of Pep Guardiola.
The 51-year-old worked as head of external relations at Barcelona during the legendary midfielder`s spell in charge of the Catalans, and has a close relationship with the former Spain international.
A report in La Gazzetta dello Sport this week suggested that Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has met with Estiarte and Guardiola`s brother Pere to talk about the ex-Barca coach`s plans for the future, but he has remained coy on whether the meeting took place or not.
"Did I speak with Milan about Guardiola? It`s not up to me to answer that question..." the 51-year-old said at the World Business Forum.
Milan released an official statement on Tuesday evening to deny the meeting, but rumours about the Rossoneri`s interest in Guardiola continue to surface.
Estiarte also took the time to respond to Inter president Massimo Moratti`s recent claims that Barcelona are a boring team.
"I admire Moratti and I was surprised that he said something like that. He can say that he doesn`t like our style of play, but it`s a bit disrespectful to say that Barcelona are boring."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'