Manuel Estiarte coy on Pep Guardiola’s AC Milan link
Barcelona: Manuel Estiarte has refused to comment on whether he met with AC Milan representatives earlier this week to discuss the future of Pep Guardiola.
The 51-year-old worked as head of external relations at Barcelona during the legendary midfielder`s spell in charge of the Catalans, and has a close relationship with the former Spain international.
A report in La Gazzetta dello Sport this week suggested that Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has met with Estiarte and Guardiola`s brother Pere to talk about the ex-Barca coach`s plans for the future, but he has remained coy on whether the meeting took place or not.
"Did I speak with Milan about Guardiola? It`s not up to me to answer that question..." the 51-year-old said at the World Business Forum.
Milan released an official statement on Tuesday evening to deny the meeting, but rumours about the Rossoneri`s interest in Guardiola continue to surface.
Estiarte also took the time to respond to Inter president Massimo Moratti`s recent claims that Barcelona are a boring team.
"I admire Moratti and I was surprised that he said something like that. He can say that he doesn`t like our style of play, but it`s a bit disrespectful to say that Barcelona are boring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?