Manuel Estiarte coy on Pep Guardiola’s AC Milan link
Barcelona: Manuel Estiarte has refused to comment on whether he met with AC Milan representatives earlier this week to discuss the future of Pep Guardiola.
The 51-year-old worked as head of external relations at Barcelona during the legendary midfielder`s spell in charge of the Catalans, and has a close relationship with the former Spain international.
A report in La Gazzetta dello Sport this week suggested that Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has met with Estiarte and Guardiola`s brother Pere to talk about the ex-Barca coach`s plans for the future, but he has remained coy on whether the meeting took place or not.
"Did I speak with Milan about Guardiola? It`s not up to me to answer that question..." the 51-year-old said at the World Business Forum.
Milan released an official statement on Tuesday evening to deny the meeting, but rumours about the Rossoneri`s interest in Guardiola continue to surface.
Estiarte also took the time to respond to Inter president Massimo Moratti`s recent claims that Barcelona are a boring team.
"I admire Moratti and I was surprised that he said something like that. He can say that he doesn`t like our style of play, but it`s a bit disrespectful to say that Barcelona are boring."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH