Maradona: I no longer want to work in football
Buenos Aires: Argentina legend Diego Maradona has revealed he no longer wants to work in football.
The former Al Wasl coach has spoken of his disillusionment with the game following the dismissal and swift replacement of Matias Almeyda by River Plate.
"After how disgusted I was with the way they fired `Pelado` Almeyda and by Sunday they had Ramon Diaz, I no longer want to work in soccer," he told Racio Nacional.
"To present the new coach in three days, it disgusts me. I don`t want to do it again."
Elsewhere in Argentina, the former Boca Juniors favourite refused to be drawn on the subject of Juan Roman Riqueleme`s future with the club, instead stressing the player`s need to find a new team while he still has the ability to play football.
"What happened between Riquelme, [Carlos] Bianchi and [Daniel] Angelici is their problem. What I think is that he has to play again. I don`t think for Boca, but he has to return to play."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview