Maradona renews Dubai sports envoy contract
Dubai: Argentine football legend Diego Armando Maradona got his contract, as honorary sports ambassador, extended for a second year by the Dubai Sports Council (DSC).
The 52-year old former footballer called Dubai his "second home" and will continue to promote Dubai globally. The DSC has in the past expressed interest in submitting a bid for the Summer Olympics in 2024, reports Xinhua.
Maradona, who won Argentina the 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico, was in Dubai from autumn 2011 to mid-2012, coaching local club Al Wasl, He left this role last summer after an unsuccessful season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth