Maradona`s son to play in Argentine fourth division
Buenos Aires: Soccer legend Diego Maradona`s son has reportedly signed with Argentine fourth division side Porvenir.
Diego Armando Sinagra joins the club from ASD Quarto, a regional club near Naples in southern Italy, reports Xinhua.
Porvenir coach Luis Ventura said the 25-year-old would have to earn his place in the team.
"It`s obvious that the Maradona name is an attraction," Ventura said.
"I want to see him because his last name is Maradona, I won`t deny it, but I don`t choose them by players` names. I just select the team that I think is strongest and gives us the best chance of winning," he said.
Diego Junior is understood to have little or no contact with his father. His mother is former model Cristiana Sinagra, whom Maradona met during his playing days with Napoli.
Diego Junior has little of the soccer talent of his father but was a member of Italy`s team at the 2008 beach volleyball World Cup in France.
"I love Argentine soccer and to play there is something I`ve always wanted to do," he told Argentina`s Ole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez