Maradona`s son to play in Argentine fourth division
Buenos Aires: Soccer legend Diego Maradona`s son has reportedly signed with Argentine fourth division side Porvenir.
Diego Armando Sinagra joins the club from ASD Quarto, a regional club near Naples in southern Italy, reports Xinhua.
Porvenir coach Luis Ventura said the 25-year-old would have to earn his place in the team.
"It`s obvious that the Maradona name is an attraction," Ventura said.
"I want to see him because his last name is Maradona, I won`t deny it, but I don`t choose them by players` names. I just select the team that I think is strongest and gives us the best chance of winning," he said.
Diego Junior is understood to have little or no contact with his father. His mother is former model Cristiana Sinagra, whom Maradona met during his playing days with Napoli.
Diego Junior has little of the soccer talent of his father but was a member of Italy`s team at the 2008 beach volleyball World Cup in France.
"I love Argentine soccer and to play there is something I`ve always wanted to do," he told Argentina`s Ole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!
- Mumbai civic body workers have offered to pay my fine: Kanhaiya Kumar