Maradona to work as commentator in 2014 FIFA World Cup
Johannesburg: Argentine football legend Diego Maradona will reportedly work as a commentator during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Maradona, who previously did television work at the World Cups of 1994 and 2006, has been roped in a South American television channel teleSUR to add his voice at the tournament, which will start on June 12.
According to Sport24, expressing delight, Maradona said that he has signed the most the most exciting contract of his career, adding that combining football with politics is what he likes most.
Maradona will work together with Victor Hugo Morales, one of the most well known sport journalists in South America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death