Maradona to work as commentator in 2014 FIFA World Cup
Johannesburg: Argentine football legend Diego Maradona will reportedly work as a commentator during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Maradona, who previously did television work at the World Cups of 1994 and 2006, has been roped in a South American television channel teleSUR to add his voice at the tournament, which will start on June 12.
According to Sport24, expressing delight, Maradona said that he has signed the most the most exciting contract of his career, adding that combining football with politics is what he likes most.
Maradona will work together with Victor Hugo Morales, one of the most well known sport journalists in South America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre