Maradona to work as commentator in 2014 FIFA World Cup
Johannesburg: Argentine football legend Diego Maradona will reportedly work as a commentator during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Maradona, who previously did television work at the World Cups of 1994 and 2006, has been roped in a South American television channel teleSUR to add his voice at the tournament, which will start on June 12.
According to Sport24, expressing delight, Maradona said that he has signed the most the most exciting contract of his career, adding that combining football with politics is what he likes most.
Maradona will work together with Victor Hugo Morales, one of the most well known sport journalists in South America, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'