Marcelo out for three months with fractured foot
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Marcelo is facing a three-month spell on the sidelines after sustaining a broken metatarsal while on international duty with Brazil, the country`s football federation has confirmed.
The 24-year-old was picked up the injury during training and was led off the pitch by medical staff, unable to walk due to a suspected ankle knock.
However, it has now been confirmed that he has broken his fifth metatarsal in his right foot, and may be forced to have surgery.
"I`ll be back soon," he promised to reporters.
"There`s plenty of time before the 2013 Confederations Cup, and I hope to play a part in it."
Jose Mourinho is already without the services of another left-back, Fabio Coentrao, who was forced out of Portugal`s match with Russia in the first half on Friday, leaving him with a selection dilemma ahead of next week`s clash with Celta Vigo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement